Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Big Boss Watts!

Short story: Great showing for the All3sports team, TriCoachGeorgia, and everyone for the most part! Chuck and his crew put on another great race and there were lots of smiles and good results. There was no rain like last year. I banged out 1ag which put me in for 3rd Masters. I missed 2nd by a :12 margin and Andrew D. crushed another top slot masters like he did at Mistletoe. Well done everyone!

The swim was hot, long (for me) and non-wetsuit 2 loops lake swim and I tried to grab feet and swim relaxed which may have helped me lower time from last year by about 2:00 but continues to show my weakness and put me in the hole a bit. Wish I could swim more at Dynamo!

T1 was a bit of a cockup with trying to snap helmet but otherwise uneventful. Off I went transformed into Slayer again.

On this rolling hot course, my bike was less power than I was shooting for but that wasn't a bad thing. 315 watts was the goal and I had difficulty keeping 305w. Strangely enough this resulted in a 2:00 faster bike than last year. Probably a top 2 bike overall. I attribute this improvement to my visit to wind tunnel and a winter of bike with a bad running foot.



T2 was pretty quickish. Off I went to chase #2 masters.

The run was a bit slow for me (down :20 from last year) but probably where I am at now. I was kind of disappointed in myself for not holding #2 Masters off when I passed him but I think I am lacking confidence in my run, the heat played a big role, and I lack training time at or above threshold this year. On the whole, you really can't complain with 1AG in a tough AG with my weight a bit higher than last year.



After the race we all hung out in the million degrees and har dee har har'd together. We got a good photo and talked about the current and next races. Off to Augusta 70.3 at the end of September and then IM Arizona!

No comments:

Post a Comment